The main diseases of the airways treated by the Bibione thermal spa are rhinosinusitis, simple chronic bronchitis and those with an obstructive component, vasomotor rhinopathy, chronic pharyngolaryngitis and chronic sinusitis. Among the otorhinolaryngoiatric diseases, tubal stenosis and chronic catarrhal otitis.
Changes in diet (preservatives, colorants, additives, etc.) and profound environmental changes, highly altered both in the urban climate (smog) and the environmental microclimate (homes, offices, hotels, etc.), favour conditions of abnormal reactivity of the organism. The agents that set off the hyperreactivity are mainly exogenous factors (physical or chemical substances, allergens and inhalants) and can prelude a disease, which can be located in the nose or the bronchi after having caused an inflammatory lesion of the respiratory mucous membrane.
This lesion of the mucous membrane can be temporary and go away after the acute episode or evolve to become chronic.
In the case of diseases of the airways, the inhalation treatment at Bibione thermal spa with fluorated and sodium bicarbonate alkaline spring waters is definitely beneficial and recognised by the Ministry of Health.
The success you can achieve with inhalation crenotherapy is closely linked both to the proper identification of the disease symptoms to be treated and the exact indication of the method to be applied.
The alkaline-bicarbonate-sodic-fluorated hyperthermal spring water of the Bibione thermal spa is particularly effective in diseases of the respiratory system of allergic and hyperergic nature, like: rhinitis, rhinosinusitis, otitis, otosalpingitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, chronic bronchial rhinosinusitis and different forms of bronchitis.
At the Bibione Thermae centre, in addition to the above-mentioned inhalation therapies (aerosol, inhalations, nasal irrigations, nebulisations and micronised nasal showers), endotympanic insufflations using sulfurous spring water are done. These applications are particularly advisable for children and adults that suffer from rhinogenous deafness; these therapies are associated with inhalation treatment with sodium bicarbonate water, since the diseases of the middle ear and the tube are closely linked to that of the nose and the pharynx.
Later the inhalation therapies can be paired with pulmonary ventilation in the event of bronchial disease with signs of partial bronchial obstruction due to a spasm of the bronchial muscle in the presence of phlogosis (inflammation) or an abundant bronchial secretion. This (particular) treatment has the aim of recovering and improving respiratory function through a mechanical and pharmacological action on the most distal (farthest) branching structures of the bronchi. Since bronchopneumonial patients generally do not breathe correctly, it is often useful to associate the pulmonary ventilation and inhalation treatments with “respiratory gymnastics” or “postural drainage”, which are done by qualified personnel.
Inhalation therapies are provided in different forms depending on the means of treatment of the spring water particles. The specialist physicians of Bibione Thermae can provide different inhalation treatments thanks to the modern equipment at the two departments (adults and paediatrics).
Indeed, they can prescribe:
- inhalations: which consist in a direct jet of nebulised water at a temperature of about 38°;
- aerosol (oral/nasal): the compressed water is made to exit under pressure, obtaining shattering into smaller particles. It can be done orally or nasally depending on the mouthpieces used;
- sonic aerosol: the particles of spring water undergo a flow of sonorous waves at a frequency of 100 Hz so that they penetrate into the cavity of the paranasal sinuses and the middle ear through the eustachian tube. A special fork is used for this therapy;
- ionic aerosol: negative aeroionotherapy is associated with the aerosol. This particular inhalation treatment is mainly advisable for vasomotor rhinitis and chronic bronchitis;- nasal irrigation: consists in washing the nasal cavities with 37° spring water and low pressure. The fluorated sodic bicarbonate mineral water, with a special irrigator equipped with olive, penetrates a nostril and comes out the other nostril, cleansing the nasal mucous membrane;
- micronised nasal showers: these consist in making large particles of spring water penetrate the nostrils under pressure. This abundant flow of spring water particles has the advantage of causing immediate fluidifying of the secretions in the nasal cavities and in the rhinopharyngeous compartment;
- nebulisation (or mist): at Bibione Thermae it is issued in two different rooms, one for adults and one for children. It consists in issuing a large amount of spring water into a closed environment and in the form of a dense mist comprised of countless minuscule drops that the individual breathes in from the nose and mouth, without the aid of mouthpieces or forks. This is the reason why the mists are at the base of every inhalation treatment for diseases of the respiratory system in paediatric age since it is well-accepted even by the youngest children.
Particularly suitable for bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive bronchopneumopathies, they are given following the instructions of the specialist also with the aid of a spirometric exam that helps assess the respiratory function. These cures are associated to two types of inhalation therapies.
For these patients "Bibione Thermae" also offers major respiratory rehabilitation programmes that set the goal of working on breathing errors, adjusting its rhythm and frequency. Furthermore, expanding the excursions of the diaphragm, they let you improve the mobility of the rib cage recovering elasticity through relaxation and lengthening of the respiratory muscles, intervening in breathing and thus encouraging drainage of the bronchial secretions.
Performed by specialised personnel, they are reserved to all the patients that suffer from rhinogenous deafness, meaning a set of pathological situations that determine a loss of hearing due to inflammatory processes of the rhinopharynx, the eustachian tube and the middle ear. They are provided using sulfurous mineral water to which you can associate one of the inhalation therapies above. For kids, it is done with the politzer.
The crenotherapic politzer is a treatment analogous to insufflation that consists in the application of a nasal olive into a nostril, keeping the other nostril and mouth closed; making the child swallow rhythmically, the vaporised spring water penetrates the acoustic meatus and clears it up.
The information given on the website does not in any case replace the clinical consultancy provided by your own general physician or specialist. We always recommend consulting your own general physician. The content of the website is solely to provide information of a general nature.